Margery Amy Boot (1892-1987), daughter of Jesse Boot, of Boots the Chemists, married Max Holman, in 1921. During the First World War Margery established a refreshment centre for sick and injured soldiers in northern France. She was also a member of the Moral Re-Armament Movement and the Red Cross. Margery and her husband Max opened the Dedisham Convalescent Nursery School in Sussex in 1929. It became an independent school and closed in 1995. They lived in Jersey, where Margery's mother was born. The coat of arms shows boots, which is a rebus.
Bookplate (click to enlarge)